FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
0. What is Mastering?
1. How should tracks be delivered for Mastering?
2. Where should my mixes peak before I send them to mastering?
3. Do you accept analog formats ?
4. I have a reference track I would like you to listen to. Can I include it with the other tracks?
5. Which mix and mastering engineer will be working on my master?
6. Will my song end up being as loud as song “x” after mastering?
7. What is stem mastering?
8. What are ISRC codes and why do I need them?
9. How long until I receive my final master?
10. What format will my final master be in?
11. What is DDP?
12. What if I would like a revision?
13. How can we get you paid?
14. There is a mistake on our master. How do we solve this?
1. What is mixing?
2. Joel has mixed a number of songs we like. Can you make it sound like song x?
3. How many revisions can we do to a mix without extra charge?
4. Are instrumental versions included in the mix price?
5. Are mixed stems (after project is completed) included in the mix price?
6. How should I supply files to you for mixing?
7. We didn’t follow the mix form. Can you just do the mix anyway?
8. What kind of tools do you use for mixing?
9. Can we attenend the mix session?
Vinyl mastering, cutting and pressing FAQ:
0. How is vinyl made?
1. Is Six Bit Deep able to handle this process for me?
2. My record does not sound as loud as other records. Can you make it louder?
3. My vinyl is distorting on cymbals or ‘s’ sounds. How come?
4. There are a lot of crackles and pops on my record. How come?
5. Do I really need test presses? I hired the best team in the world!
6. Can I have my money back if I am not happy with the result of the vinyl?
7. My artwork came out looking different than expected. What to do?
8. Can’t I just let the pressing plant handle the cutting?